Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
In 2001 floor designs were just catching on in materials other than VCT. Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital pushed the envelope on what was possible.
- 100′s of floor designs
- Seven floors,each with it’s own unique design
- 11 different flooring manufacturers
- 75 different SKU’s
The question was… is the primary focus…
- a company that has waterjet cutting capabilities or
- a company that understand flooring and logisitics?
Waterjet Works provided both…and then some.
- detailed approval drawings
- material requirements per manufacturer, per item and per floor
- installation maps
- site visits
- a facility that had the floor space and storage space to handle the task.
- knowledgeable people to coordinate with the installation team
Having a machine is probably 25% of what was needed to be successful on this job.
We had a 100% satisfied customer… and they are back for more in 2010!
BECA Flooring Made The Difference
Earl Swensen Associates Understands
Sanford Children’s Hospital
Waterjet Works: Sanford Children's Hospital, Sioux Falls,SD
In 2008 Waterjet Works, a Dallas, Tx based company had the opportunity to assist Ewing Cole, a Philadelphia, Pa. based architectural and interior design firm with a children’s hospital in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. “Logistics” is probably the first thought that comes to mind, “How will this all come together, thousands of miles apart?” On top of those challenges, the specified flooring material was Gerflor, a French manufacturer with a unique range of colors. Waterjet Works understands logistics and how to make things happen…across the United States. You will enjoy the video and hearing how it all happened. The actual waterjet cutting was only 50% of our task. Design support, logistics and installation assistance is what we do better then anyone else in the USA. The video link below tells the whole story!
Waterjet Works: Sanford Children’s Hospital