Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
In 2001 floor designs were just catching on in materials other than VCT. Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital pushed the envelope on what was possible.
- 100′s of floor designs
- Seven floors,each with it’s own unique design
- 11 different flooring manufacturers
- 75 different SKU’s
The question was… is the primary focus…
- a company that has waterjet cutting capabilities or
- a company that understand flooring and logisitics?
Waterjet Works provided both…and then some.
- detailed approval drawings
- material requirements per manufacturer, per item and per floor
- installation maps
- site visits
- a facility that had the floor space and storage space to handle the task.
- knowledgeable people to coordinate with the installation team
Having a machine is probably 25% of what was needed to be successful on this job.
We had a 100% satisfied customer… and they are back for more in 2010!
BECA Flooring Made The Difference
Earl Swensen Associates Understands
Stone Canyon Elementary School
The school we wish we would have attended as a child, that is Stone Canyon Elementary School! Do you remember how plain and drab your elementary school was? How much time and effort the teachers put into bringing life into the corridors? Well, Stone Canyon Elementary School is at the other end of the spectrum.
When you arrive through the main entrance you are greeted with floor art including ladybugs, butterflies and dragonflies and large leaves. These images are all waterjet cut from Crossville porcelain tile by Waterjet Works.
Enter into several of the classroom and the nature them continues only this time the creatures are cut from Shaw carpet tiles. You will find the colors warm and comforting, the porcelain tiles virtually maintenence free and the children happy.
Meet the interior designer and learn how she choose Waterjet Works by viewing the video below. Let us know what you think.
Waterjet Works: Stone Canyon Elementary School, Owasso, Okla